We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
YMCA AT THE FIREHOUSE
Restore. Renew. Rebuild.
We are pleased to announce the renovation and extensive remodel of the La Jolla Firehouse YMCA located at 7877 Herschel Avenue, La Jolla. Renovations will start just as soon as we have completed the permitting process, our best estimation is March 2015, and are expected to last about seven months. The location will be closed during this time, allowing for the project to progress quickly and successfully. Current Firehouse YMCA members can use their membership at the La Jolla YMCA’s main facility, located at 8355 Cliffridge Avenue during the construction phase.
In order to better serve our members and the community, we determined a number of improvements must be made to the current Firehouse facility. Our goal is to retain the historic charm of the facility to make it more accessible and functional for a variety of activities.
A LOOK FORWARD
The renovation will include
- A Child Watch center, to provide child care for children while their parent or guardian enjoys the Y.
- A larger upstairs multi-purpose studio to serve more people in our very popular group exercise classes.
- A second multi-purpose studio to offer our very popular youth and family fitness classes.
- Locker rooms for the convenience of those who work in the Village and want to squeeze in a workout before, during or after work.
- An open concept Family Wellness Center with state of the art cardio and strength equipment.
- Restoration of the historic façade, as well as the addition of social space in the front of the building.
A generous donation made the bulk of this renovation possible, however to complete the project with all the features we’ve identified, we’ll need additional support from the community.
A community campaign is coming soon. Please continue to visit our website for updates or for additional information on how to get involved, please contact:
Kara Smith Regional Director of Development
Contact at (858) 453-3483 or by email at email@example.com